Sunday, December 6, 2009

Camp Richardson Hotel


24x18 Acrylic on canvas
Camp Richardson Hotel

This is first acrylic painting I have ever attempted - and I cant say that I enjoyed the process, I only brought acrylics with me to Tahoe thinking that they would be easier to travel with. Acrylics are so different than oils so I think I am going to re-do this one in oil and expereince how the different mediums feel when doing the same painting - Tahoe is paradise, it truly is the perfect place, I didnt bring my plein aire easel so all the paintings were done from photos and done indoors - not half as much fun but at least I painted while I was there. I also got to expereince seeing a Tahoe Bear family - I was in the car they were being a Bear family in the woods - they were too cute for words and of course I didnt have my camera - There was a mamma bear and her 2 "large cubs". I feel blessed that I got to see them - because I know people that have lived there their whole lives and have only seen them once or twice.

5 comments:

Carol Marine said...

Awesome trees, Randi!!

Robin said...

I love this. It makes me want to be there, and even though you say youstruggled with it, it has an effortless quality to it. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Gals - Very Smart Gals said...

I think this painting looks great! And I loved your comments. Saying something about the painting experience, and sharing your story about the bears really added a nice personal touch.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

The painting is fabulous, I would never know that you struggled. Acrylics are long in my past and although some love them, I found the drying and the value changes when you add water, daunting.
I would have loved to be in the car with you for the bears.

Unknown said...

I love this one! I think it came out great. If you aren't happy with it, I'll take it off your hands. I could definitely find a wall for it in my home! You are so talented my friend. Cheryl